Thursday, August 4, 2011

Google Image Search Tracking

Google Analytics has shown tremendous drops in search referrals from Google Image Search. To make a long story short, Google Analytics seemed to have switched how they report Google Image search traffic, moving it from the referrals report and into the organic search report.
There are reports at WebmasterWorld (see July 26th) and Google Analytics Help forums about this.
As reported by Gabs and AJ Kohn, it is simply a matter of Google moving the traffic under the search engine report.
Here is a graph from Gabs:
click for full size of Google Analytics Image Traffic Reports
I was able to verify this in several of my sites that I track.
Google, I do not believe, has any word about this change, so I can see why people freaked out when they saw this.

No comments:

Post a Comment